Should you shoot your own TV pilot? It’s not a simple yes or no question…but there are some simple guidelines to help you decide what your next move should be. Whether you’re just starting out, or negotiating your next reality TV series, we give you the scoop (plus, some candidly honest stories from our most recent TV series!)
To Pilot, or Not To Pilot…Is It Even A Question? Your Own TV Pilot…
Awhile back, we wrote an intro series to filming pilots, called Should I Produce My Own Reality TV Pilot?
The advice we give there still holds up, and you should give it a read, but we wanted to expand our advice a little bit.
You see, even when you’re an established production company like us, questions about pilots pop up.
Today we touch on a lot:
- Best reasons to shoot your own TV pilot.
- Best reasons NOT to shoot your own TV pilot.
- What you learn from filming a TV pilot
- What happens when a network wants to buy your series without a pilot?
- How to sell a pilot you already shot (HINT: Don’t show it to anyone!)
- Where the heck the two of us disappeared to two weeks ago
And so much more! Press that giant red “PLAY” button above and learn the ins and outs of filming TV pilots.
Transcript Coming Soon!
Helpful and Related Links
And here are 3 Reasons You Should Film Your Own TV Pilot.
Okay, you’ve decided whether or not you’re going to shoot your own TV pilot. Your next step? Pitch to us, of course! Let’s make some TV together. Here’s how:
Read our in-depth page about how to pitch us a show. It also talks about what it’s really like to work in our business, the unscripted TV and film industry.