With Halloween just around the corner, and lots of “scare” in the air, we thought we’d share five little known, horrifying things about producing TV shows. If you’re an aspiring producer, you’ve probably never even considered these terrifying treats that come along with every new show you sell…
Just a few nightmares we terrify you with today:
- why the show you sell isn’t always the show you make
- walking the line between creatives and lawyers
- dealing with network set visits
- preparing for the “I just got kicked in the butt” call
- how the vision of a show can morph over time
- what you can really do to affect your ratings
- does Joke really speak a crazy devil language?
Hit the giant PLAY button above to scare yourself silly. Happy Halloween!
Transcript coming soon!
Helpful and Related Links
Joke’s post about sending your TV show off into the wild.
The easy step-by-step guide to pitching us shows.
Subscribe to Joke and Biagio on Youtube.
Seriously, subscribe. Biagio has talked Joke into going on camera. A minor miracle.
Come Make a Show With Us!
If you’re not too scared after listening to this podcast!
Read our in-depth page about how to pitch us a show. It also talks about what it’s really like to work in our business, the unscripted TV and film industry.